Words probably couldn’t have described how content I felt yesterday, when the sky was dark, the rain was pouring intermittently and there was a chill in the air.
I visited my Grandparents for lunch yesterday. Something I’ve done for the majority of my 25 years, Sunday has always been the day for Grandparents.
As I may have (probably have) mentioned before, Autumn is my favourite season and yes, I am sick of summer. I’ve heard a couple of people panic at the sight of rain over the weekend saying we’ve hardly had a summer and it’s been a terrible year. What absolute bo to the locks. It’s been a hideously hot and sunny summer; what more do people want? It seems to be cloudy this morning which I’m only too thankful for. I’ve got a vile week at work coming up with stress and overtime and stress and ridiculous workload, and to have started the week with sun would have finished any hop I still had left, right off.
Anyway, here’s what I wore to lunch on Sunday…
- Skinny Blue Jeans – By Far Too Tight For Amy’s Massive Hips (Great brand)
- Floral Sleeveless Top – Atomosphere (Very gapey around under arm, wear a cardi or something)
- 3/4 Length Ribbed Cream Jumper – Atmosphere (The softest thing in the world with a cute neckline)
- Dust Pink Pointed Flats – H&M (Suede-like material and very flattering to an outfit)
- Big and Soft Scarf with Strange Print – somewhere (Does the job)
- Pretty Rose Quartz Necklace – Given to me by the lovely Dani
- Two Silver Rings – From God Knows Where But Nowhere Flashy
- Tortoiseshell Glasses – Specsavers
It was a cute lil’ outfit, I’m not gonna lie. Back to the grind today and wearing the most unflattering black skirt, which rides up my legs when I walk, a black and white striped long sleever and black shoes, because work.
And in the time it’s taken me to type all that, the bloody sun has come out. I might just get back in to bed, resign and just wave a white flag from underneath a blanket fort.
I need an Irish Coffee for breakfast. Hold the coffee…