Oh hai friends,
On Friday I leave for a week in Norway and I thought I’d start my travel blogging off with a lil’ post on the things I’m taking in my hand luggage on the plane.
Despite having a carry-on sized suitcase, I knew I wouldn’t be able to fit clothes, toiletries, shoes and hand luggage stuff in there – like iPad, snacks, books and notepad – so I decided to check my suitcase (something I’ll no doubt end up regretting), and taking a rucksack on the plane with me.
Deciding what was going in my rucksack seemed quite the challenge about a month ago, but since getting my quite big rucksack, filling it has been all too easy!
- Ok, so top left is my blush pink rucksack made of what looks and feels like faux leather. I bought it from Amazon for about £15. It has two side pockets, a front zip pocket and a large space inside. I’ve never owned anything with leopard print, but that’s definitely what’s occurring inside. It’s bearable, but not me at all.
- Bottom left, fluffy sock! There will hopefully be another in there by Friday, if not, at least one foot will be warm. I hear from every YouTube video on flying there is in the world, that in-flight socks are more vital than pilots.
- Top right, BOOKS! So they weigh a ton and are very bulky, but there was absolutely no way I was going away without books. I’ll not only have a lot of time travelling but while I’m there I’ll have time to myself during the day. So what better way to keep me company than Michael Palin in the Himalaya and studying Journalism?
- Bottom right, waterproof (because there’s every chance of rain when I land), a spare top and spare underwear. Incase the hideous happenstance occurs of my luggage rocking up late to the party, I am taking two essential changes of clothes with me. Top and knickers!
5. iPad Mini + keyboard. This needs zero explanation.
6. Power Bank – Anker. So this also cost £15 from Amazon but it’s a great investment. I take my plug charger everywhere I go and it’s a bulky thing to carry in small bags. Cue Anker power bank. For an iPhone 6s it can fully recharge up to two times (yet to test but that’s what it claims) and it pretty compact. Great for re-charging on the go and on the plane. I’m probably late to the game with having one of these, but I’m glad I got one in time for Norway.
7. Document holder. But not just any old document holder. The cutest document holder! My friend from Devon sent this to me in the post last week and it’s the perfect addition to my travels. I can store my passport, currency, travel papers and card in here, and there’s pockets for other papers too. Oh, and it has a tiny coin section for loose change. I even slotted my iPad mini in one of the pockets, just as an experiment. It will now be flying with me forever in my future travels.
9. Keeping clean. Now, I’ll be travelling for about 14 hours and during that time I will most definitely want to freshen up. So, I’m taking some deep cleanse wipes, some Baylis & Harding hand sanitizer, some hand cream and lip balm for keeping my lips as moisturised as possible. I’ll also stay smelling fresh with my roll on perfume by L’Occitane – Pivoine Flora Eau De Toilette. I’ll be taking a roll-on deodorant too.
10. Medicine. Ok, working in a pharmacy can have it’s perks when it comes to travelling, as I can buy my in-flight medicinal essentials last minute. Given my nervous disposition, I’m definitely taking Bach’s Rescue Remedy gum with me for pre-flight anxieties, and Olbas nasal inhaler for any sniffles or congestion on the plane – also a good way to block out any unpleasant smells that may be wafting around – a pack of Nurofen, some Paracetamol, Dextro energy tablets for moment’s when I’m feeling less than enthusiastic and finally, the best invention since the iPhone. Listerine cool mint breath strips (other brands are available.) In case I end up sat next to a complete and utter hunk on the plane, I won’t be huhhing food breath all over him as we converse about the beautiful view. In a more likely scenario, I’ll be able to just keep my mouth fresh feeling. No hunky men, I’m sure…
Other things I’m taking but not shown are toothpaste, snacks (plenty of the snacks), phone, sunglasses, notebooks, pens, tissues, glasses and my purse. Oh and earphones.
I think that’s everything. I’ll be live blogging (providing there’s signal) the whole trip so keep up to date with my travels here.