I adore books; when I allow myself the time and space to read them. That’s the thing these days isn’t it? We’re always too busy with something else, or too near a deadline to be sitting around with a cup of tea, becoming absorbed in a story, another world. It’s sad and it’s going to stop. For no one should ever be too busy to sit down and read.
I’ll never forget that one summer when I read a whole book in one weekend. It was incredible and for the entire two days, I was transported into this wonderful and magical world. The book, you ask? A Weekend With Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly, and it truly was…
The sky is looming over in all it’s grey and dramatic glory and there looks to be a shower of rain on the hills in the distance, no doubt heading this way. I’ll leave you all with the list of books I would really love to read this year. Let me know which books are on your wish list for 2016.
2016 Book Wish List
- The Jane Austen Collection
- The Rose Girls – Victoria Connelly
- The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Alice In Wonderland – Lewis Carrol
- The Cuckoo’s Calling – Robert Galbraith
- Midnight’s Children – Salman Rushdie
- Garden Spells – Sarah Addison Allen
- Agatha Raisin Collection – M.C. Beaton
- The Little Paris Book Shop – Nina George & Simon Pare
- The Angel Tree – Lucinda Riley
- Te Little Coffee Shop of Kabul – Deborah Rodriguez
- Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy – Helen Fielding
- Sex And The City – Candace Bushnell
For the month of February, I am setting myself the challenge of reading over my lunch breaks at work, and ignore the distractions of more important stuff.